New Cartoon Web Site
I’ve relaunched my web cartoon catalog which has been quite an undertaking. Due to so much algorithm changes in the overall search spectrum including several updates by a well known search company, not to mention losing traffic because my old web editor was no longer being updated by Microsoft, I was forced to rebuild and relaunch a whole new site.
The HTML5 hierarchy structuring also affected my previous traffic in that the old site didn’t comply with that initial hierarchy.
Offering cartoon catalogs which are easier to access and review
A lot of new improvements on this new site include:
- New gallery offers forward/backward scrolling through an entire selection of cartoons from beginning to end
- Sharing buttons on each page or underneath categorized images offer quick sharing to all popular platforms
- Each image within the site will have it’s own profile page + a corresponding gallery below, of same slant of cartoons
- Blog page designated to act as a nerve center to profile new cartoons added to specific galleries, categories or pages
- Embedded Twitter feed on all pages allows visitors to easily follow and get updates on fresh cartoons and other news
- A designated page provides visitors easy access to all categorized catalogs of cartoons
- Daily auto-updating web cartoon appears “above the fold” in a more prominent position on the index page
- Easy-to-navigate menu across the top of the index page with drop-down sub menus to other portfolios or galleries
- Dual image presentation – all images in galleries are also in a tag cloud that presents each on it’s own category page
- Features a custom theme built specifically to present the catalog in an easy to navigate structure
- Built in PayPal button on each categorized catalog page allows easy payment for credit card users
- Less “keyword stuffing” and proper image keywording allowing for over 9,300 pages meaning a more robust catalog
- Fully compatible for all mobile devices including iPads
- Now meets the HTML5 hierarchy document structure that search engines prefer
This new cartoon web site also offers easy payment options where chosen cartoons can then be easily downloaded after purchase. Any cartoon purchased will be available in high resolution jpeg format via a download link supplied in a follow up email.
More new features will be added to make cartoon browsing simple
All of these elements didn’t exist on the old cartoon site so rest assured the new catalog and blog you’re reading this on, ought to serve up a much better “user experience”. Feel free to make any other recommendations you feel will make the site easier to navigate and to follow, are some of my favorite computer cartoons in the gallery below!